Combs &c. Research
St Alphage London Wall
(1.24 mi. north of city centre) London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St Alphage London Wall (1.24 mi. north of city centre) was damaged in 1666, rebuilt in 1777, demolished in 1924. It was united to St Giles Cripplegate in 1954. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms 1613-1920, marriages 1613-1916, banns 1754-1880, 1882, 1885 & 1911, burials 1613-78 & 1732-1851. Registers for burials 1678-99 are not extant. For later registers, see St Mary Aldermary which served as the parish church of the parish of St Alphage London Wall from 1917-1953. A partial index to baptisms and marriages 1754-1885 is in the IGI. Only one Combs entry has been found in this source:
18 Jan 1857 Saint Alphage London Wall, London. christened: Frederick Charles COOMBS, s/o George and Susan Miriam COOMBS (IGI, #0417993, Pr:#0933214, source not yet viewed)

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster