Combs &c. Research
St. Andrew Undershaft,
(1.24 mi. north of city centre) London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St Andrew Undershaft, Leadenhall Street (.087 mi. northeast of city centre), apparently survived the Great Fire of 1666, but was damaged by a terrorist bomb in 1992. St Mary Axe was united with Undershaft in 1560/1.* Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms 1558-1901, marriages 1558-1837, banns 1754-1851, marriage licenses 1836-58, burials 1558-1849. Later baptisms and marriage registers are retained by the incumbent. A partial index to baptisms 1558-1875 is in the IGI. Only one Combs is in the index as of 1998.

* No registers are known for St Mary Axe (.087 east of city centre). It appears that early registrations are included in the registers of St Andrew Undershaft.
5 Jun 1681 St Andrew Undershaft, London. Christened: Fransis COMBE, d/o John and Katherin COMBE (IGI, #0374408, Pr: 0472842, source not yet viewed)

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster