Combs &c. Research
St Benet Gracechurch
(0.62 mi. east of city centre), London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are (GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican)) and FamilySearch.Org
St. Benet Gracechurch (.62 mi. east of city centre) was destroyed in 1666, rebuilt, then demolished in 1867. St Leonard Eastcheap was united to St Benet Gracechurch in 1670. Both were then united to Allhallows Lombard Street in 1864, and to St. Edmund the King and Martyr in 1937. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms, 1558-1866; marriages, 1558-1865; banns, 1754-99 and 1824-65; and burials, 1558-1853. For later baptisms, marriages and banns registers, see Allhallows Lombard Street. A partial index to baptisms and marriages for the years, 1730-1866 is in the IGI (this per GenDocs, but see IGI source notes below). Only one Combs record has been located in the IGI, and it may not be for St. Benet Gracechurch:
23 Jun 1754 "Saint Benet Gracechurch And Saint Leonard Eastcheap, London." Christened: Elizabeth COMB, d/o David and Hannah COMB (FamilySearch.Org, #0535720, Parish registers, 1538-1813 Church of England. St. Leonard Eastcheap Church (London); and Parish registers, 1558-1883 Church of England. St. Benet Gracechurch Church (London)

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster