Combs &c. Research
StSaint Dionis Backchurch
(0.62 mi. east of city centre), London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are (GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican)) and FamilySearch.Org
Saint Dionis Backchurch (.62 mi. east of city centre) was destroyed in 1666, rebuilt, then demolished in 1878. It was united to Allhallows Lombard Street in 1876 and to St. Edmund the King and Martyr in 1937. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms, 1538-1666 and 1668-1877; marriages, 1538-1666 and 1674-1877; banns 1754-1877; and burials 1538-1849. For later baptisms, marriages and banns, see Allhallows Lombard Street. A partial index to baptisms and marriages 1538-1877 is in the IGI.
21 Sep 1624 Saint Dionis Backchurch, London, England. Married: Abraham ROE and Jone FRITHE (FamilySearch.Org)
See Henry FRITHE w/John COMBE in the Drapers records of 1598 and also the marriage of Abrahame ROWE [sic] and Johane COMBE in 1584/5 in Upottery, Devonshire.
10 Jan 1642 St. Dionis Backchurch, London, England. Married: Susanna COOMES and William SMITH (IGI entry, F#: 170475, @, P#: 182, O#: 4945, source not yet viewed)

27 Aug 1657 St. Dionis Backchurch, London, England. Married: Henry COOMBES and Mary WHEELER (FamilySearch.Org) [NIGI 1998]
Note that there are numerous 1700s IGI entries for Combs that have not yet been extracted.

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster