Combs &c. Research
St James Garlickhithe,
city centre, London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St. James Garlickhithe, Upper Thames Street, was rebuilt in 1676-82 following the Great Fire. Holy Trinity the Less and St Michael Queenhithe were united to Garlickhithe in 1875. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms, 1535-1692/3 and 1708-1971; marriages, 1535-1692/3 and 1708-1970; banns 1754-1816, 1823-52 and 1950; marriage licenses, 1859-70; and burials, 1535-1692/3 and 1708-1853. Baptism, marriage and burial registers for 1693-1708 are not extant. A partial index to baptisms and marriages for the years 1535-1868 is in the IGI. Only one Combs entry is in the IGI as of 1998:
27 Aug 1676 St James Garlickhithe, London. Christened: Thomas COMBES, s/o Thomas and Mary COMBES (FamilySearch.Org, IGI So: 374451, 1667-1809 parish registers, Film No. 0883642, source not yet viewed).

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 21 Jan 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster