Combs &c. Research
St Martin Outwich
(0.87 mi. northeast of city centre), London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org

St Martin Outwich (.87 miles northeast of city centre) was destroyed in 1666, rebuilt in 1796, and sold in 1874. It was united to St Helen Bishopsgate in 1873. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library:baptisms 1670-1873, marriages 1670-1872, banns 1824-72, marriage licenses 1716, 1817-50, burials 1670-1852. Later baptisms and marriages entered in registers of St Helen Bishopsgate and retained by the incumbent. A partial index to baptisms and marriages 1670-1873 is in the IGI.

Extracted from the IGI, So: 942 B4HA V.32, Pr: 0453496 (source not yet viewed):
5 Oct 1676 St Martin Outwich, London. Christened: Elizabeth COMES, d/o Thomas and Elizabeth COMES

26 Dec 1677 St Martin Outwich, London. Christened: Thomas COMES, s/o Thomas and Elizabeth COMES

25 Aug 1679 Saint Martin Outwich, London, England. Married: Jno. COMBES and Katherine THORNETON (FamilySearch.Org) [NIGI 1998] [SW: John, THORNTON]
Sir John COMBE, barrister at law, Middle Temple, was christened 8 Oct 1646, Daventry, Northamptonshire, s/o John COMBE and Mary PALMER (d/o Edward PALMER of Stoke Doily, Northants). See Visitations, Northamptonshire, 1681, Combe Family of Daventry.

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster