Combs &c. Research
St Michael Le Querne,
(1.24 mi. north of city centre), London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St Michael Le Querne (1.24 mi. north of city centre) was destroyed by the Great Fire in 1666, and not rebuilt. It was united to St Vedast Foster Lane. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library:baptisms 1813-84, marriages 1813-36, burials 1813-49. For later baptisms and for marriages 1754-1813 see St Vedast Foster Lane. Registers of baptisms 1685/6-1812, marriages 1686-1705 and burials 1685/6-1812 were damaged beyond repair in 1940. There are no marriage registers later than 1836 surviving for this parish. A partial index to baptisms and marriages 1837-1877 is in the IGI. No Combs entries have been located in this source; however, there was an early John COMBE of record in le Querne:
ca 1405 6 HENRY IV. Chancery: Inquisitions Ad Quod Damnum, Henry III to Richard III. C 143/436/6. John COUMBE the elder of London to found a chantry at the altar of St. Katherine in the church of St. Michael-le-Quern, and to endow it with shops in the said parish of St. Michael, retaining land in the parishes of St. Michael Cornhill, St. Mary Woolnoth (Combs &c. Extractions from the PRO Catalogue, C 142-143 Series - records not yet acquired)

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster