Combs &c. Research
St. Nicholas Acons,
(city centre), London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St. Nicholas Acons was destroyed by the Great Fire in 1666 and not rebuilt. It was united with St Edmund the King and Martyr in 1670. Parish records are in the Guild Library: baptisms, 1539/40-1875; marriages, 1539-1664 and 1837-49; and burials, 1540-1848. For marriages from 1673-1812, see St Edmund the King and Martyr. Later baptisms and marriages, and banns from 1811 were entered in the registers of St Edmund the King and Martyr. A partial index to baptisms and marriagesfrom 1539-1875 is in the IGI which includes only one entry for Combs (as of 1998) and one for Archdale (post-1998). No Archdales or Combs are found in the St. Edmund index.
10 Mar 1555 St. Nicholas Acons, London. Christened: William COME, s/o George COME (IGI Ba: P001671, So: 896735, Pr: 0453496, film not yet read)

1 Jul 1634 Saint Nicholas Acons, London. Married: Thomas ARCHDALL and Mary NEVELL (FamilySearch.Org, IGI, #6903703, Computer printout of London, St. Nicholas Acons, London, England - source not yet viewed, but see Archdale Memoirs) [NIGI 1998]
Mary NEVILLE was the d/o John NEVILLE and Thomas ARCHDALE the son of Richard and Judith THORPE Archdale. See also 1664 Westminster, Middlesex.
16 Jan 1644 Saint Nicholas Acons, London, England. Married: Mary COMS and John COBB (FamilySearch.Org, IGI, 1539-1664 Parish Registers, #0896735, Film No. 6903703 - source not yet viewed)

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster