Combs &c. Research
St. Andrew by the Wardrobe,
(0.62 west of City Centre) London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St Andrew By The Wardrobe (Queen Victoria Street) was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666, was rebuilt in 1685-95, damaged during World War II. St Ann Blackfriars was united to St Andrew in 1670. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms 1558-1939, marriages 1558-1940, banns 1824-45, marriage licenses 1712-1889, burials 1558-1850. Later baptisms and marriage registers are retained by the incumbent.A partial index to baptisms and marriages for 1558-1885 is in the IGI.

Christenings (per IGI, Ba: C022322, So: 374343, Pr: 0820593, source not yet viewed)
20 Nov 1599 Margaret COMES, d/o Edmund COMES

17 Feb 1600 Mary COMES, d/o Edmunde COMES
Christenings (per IGI, B: 30 Nov 1972 OGDEN Ba: C022321, E: 16 Feb 1973 OGDEN So: 374343, SP: 29 Mar 1973 OGDEN Pr: 0472816, source not yet viewed)
03 Mar 1861 Annie Eliza COOMBS, d/o William Edward and Eliza Sophia COOMBS
2 Feb 1862 Albert Ernest COOMBS, s/o Henry and Maria Lydia COOMBS
Note: These are the only four St. Andrew by the Wardrobe IGI entries

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster