Combs &c. Research
St Ann Blackfriars,
(0.62 west of City Centre) London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St Ann Blackfriars was destroyed in 1666 and not rebuilt (two portions of churchyard remain). It was united to St Andrew by the Wardrobe in 1670. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms 1560-1861, marriages 1562-1726,1813-40, banns 1716/7-24, burials 1566-1849. Later baptisms registers are retained by the incumbent. For later marriages and for banns 1822-45 and marriage licenses 1712-1889, see St Andrew by the Wardrobe. A partial index to baptisms for 1560-1861 is in the IGI. Two to four Combs records are in the IGI:
27 Nov 1831 St Ann Blackfriars, London. Christened: Mary Ann COOMBE, d/o John and Ann COOMBE (IGI, So: 374416, Pr: 0820798, source not viewed)

29 Aug 1852 St Ann Blackfriars, London. Christened: Charles Henry, George Edumnd and Henry John COOMBS, sons of Charles Henry and Mary Ann COOMBS (IGI, So: 374416, Pr: 0820798, source not viewed - Is this for real?????)

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster