Combs &c. Research
St Augustine Watling St,
(city center and north), London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St Augustine Watling Street (a.k.a. St Augustine With St Faith) (1.24 mi. north of City Centre) was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666, rebuilt 1680-87, destroyed again in 1941. St. Faith Under St. Paul united with St Augustine Watling in 1670, and both were united with St. Mary Le Bow in 1954. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms, 1559-1925; marriages, 1559-1940; banns, 1754-1940; and burials, 1559-1853. A partial index to baptisms and marriages for the years, 1559-1875, is in the IGI. Only one Combs has been located in the IGI for Watling:
27 Sep 1657 St Augustine Watling Street, London, England. Robart COMB and Mary PUNNIFOOT (FamilySearch.Org, IGI, #0374420, Parish registers, 1559-1940 Church of England. St. Augustine Watling Street Church (London) - source not yet viewed) [NIGI 1998]
See a possible child christened at St. Gregory by St. Paul

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster