Combs &c. Research
St Martin Vintry
City Centre, London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St. Martin Vintry was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1666 and united to All Hallows the Great in 1670, and to St Michael Paternoster Royal in 1893. Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms, 1664-1906; marriages, 1675-1836; and burials, 1668-1849 (pre-1664 registers were presumably lost in the Great Fire). Marriages from 1837, banns from 1754, and marriage licenses from 1809 are registered with St Michael Paternoster Royal. The IGI includes a partial index of baptisms and marriages only.

Extracted from FamilySearch.Org, #0374482, Parish registers, 1617-1906 Church of England. St. Martin Vintry's Church (London) (source not yet viewed):
11 Jun 1692 St. Martin Vintry, London. Christened: Ann COMBS, d/o William and Dorrithy COMBS [Search Words: Dorothy]

4 Apr 1725 St. Martin Vintry, London. Christened: Susanah COOMBS, d/o John and Mary COOMBS

24 May 1732 St. Martin Vintry, London. Christened: Mary COMBES, d/o John and Mary COMBES

2 Nov 1733 St. Martin Vintry, London. Christened: James COOMES, s/o John and Elizabeth COOMES

5 Mar 1737 St. Martin Vintry, London. Christened: Henry COOMB, s/o Magnus and Susanna COOMB
Note that there may be later extractions not yet entered here.

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since Our Move on 27 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster