Combs &c. Research
All Hallows the Great
City Centre, London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
All Hallows the Great, Upper Thames Street, was destroyed in 1666 and rebuilt. All Hallows the Less and St Martin Vintry were both united to the Great in 1670. All three were then united with St Michael Paternoster Royal in 1893, and the church then sold and demolished in 1894. Parish records are at the Guildhall Library: baptisms, 1668-1888; marriages, 1671-1890; banns 1754-1889; marriage licenses, 1813-97; and burials, 1616-1848. The IGI includes 1668-1812 baptisms and marriages only.

See also Early Combs &c. of London for possible All Hallows Combs

Extracted from FamilySearch.Org, IGI, #0374337-8, Parish registers, 1558-1890 Church of England. Allhallows the Great Church (London) - source not yet viewed):
25 Jun 1708 All Hallows the Great. Christened: James COMES, s/o James and Hanah COMES

28 Sep 1735 All Hallows the Great. Christened: John COOMS, s/o John and Mary COOMS

15 May 1737 All Hallows the Great. Christened: Ann COOMES, d/o John and Mary COOMES

22 Jul 1739 All Hallows the Great. Christened: Martha COOMES, d/o John and Mary COOMES
Note that there may be later records not yet extracted.

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since Our Move on 27 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster