Combs &c. Research
St Faith under St Paul,
(1.24 mi. north of city centre) London

Note: The primary sources for information given in regard to parish records are GenDoc's Victorian City of London Churches (Church of England a.k.a. Anglican) and FamilySearch.Org
St. Faith Under St. Paul (1.24 mi. north of City Centre) was destroyed in 1666, but was not rebuilt. It was united with St. Augustine Watling Street in 1670, and with St. Mary le Bow in 1954. St Faith Under Paul is in the jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of St. Paul's (probates and administrations). Parish records are in the Guildhall Library: baptisms, 1645-1900; marriages, 1690-1837; and burials, 1645-1853. For baptisms from 1909, marriages from 1837 and banns from 1754, see St. Augustine Watling Street. A partial index to baptisms and marriages for the years, 1645-1875, is in the IGI. Only three Combs records have been located in the IGI (extracted from IGI Ba: C022352, So: 394831, Pr: 6902020 - source not yet viewed):
8 Jun 1725 St. Faith Under St. Paul, London. Christened: John COUMBES, s/o Thomas and Ann COUMBES

18 Nov 1726 St. Faith Under St. Paul, London. Christened: Edith COMBES, d/o Thomas and Ann COMBEs

26 Jan 1728 St. Faith Under St. Paul, London. Christened: Ann COMBS, d/o thomas and Ann COMBS

Return to Combs &c. of London
Return to Greater London Parishes
You are Our     Visitor Since 28 Feb 2001
Last updated  
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster